Tuesday 24 July 2012

Its not that there was no knitting

Last weekend contained very little knitting.  On my part anyway.  


My daughter in law was working on an edging for a blanket.  It's going to be really cute.  A simple blanket in bright strong colours with a ruffled edging.  My kind of plan. 

I found some fabric that follows her theme.    


I'm still working on the exact combination, but it will be from among these pieces of fabric.  I originally had the plain yellow to use as backing but I've changed that to a clear crisp royal blue.  These strong colours demand something with a little kick for balance.  

I hope to sew up the wee blankie this week, but in truth, I'm not going to hold my breath.  We are moving some farm equipment this week and it is pea picking time.  Those two things don't sound like much, but oh my how they eat up the hours.  

No comments: