Friday 6 July 2012

All the other ongoing things

Last year I worked very hard to get my WIP pile under control.  It worked well, and I was really really pleased with myself.  This year I was just going to knit for joy.  

And I am.  I have been having a very good time, but I still feel driven to get some things done like sweaters.  I was feeling very compelled to knit sweaters earlier in the year and did a few and started even more.  
and soon,
I wish there were more.

Then there was the sock event.  Driven is the only way to describe that whole month. 

And lately, I have been thinking shawls.  Soft lovely lacy stunning shawls that are so beautiful I want to cry.  I don't feel quite so driven by this last.  Shawls are too delicate for driven feelings.  They are more like a craving to knit, craving to wear, craving to have the yarn run through my fingers.  The lovely beaded one from the MOOi I got at the RCY sale for Ludmila from Kiev is just a breath of what I want.

My knitting is filled with joy. 

I have also amassed a stunning number of WIPS.  The basket runneth over.  When I started this post, I was feeling a little overwhelmed by the new stuff but I'm not anymore.  

There is a pair of stranded colour work mittens on the go.  They are my kitchen mittens and they are just where the pattern gets complicated.  I have to take some marking tape up there to get back on track.

I have a work project, a nice little bag that is for those times when I would go crazy if I couldn't do something.  

There is a blanket that I am doing out of left over sock yarns. No rush there.

There is a very pretty shawl that may or may not work out.  Its a dye lot thing.  There is another pretty shawl that is about to go for the big fancy edge.  

There is a bag that just needs the lining sewn.

There is a basic black turlteneck that is going to get frogged and restarted as a contigously beginning.  No point making knitting hard if you are knitting black and simple.

The rest of the things in my WIP pile are older shawl things that I do intend to complete and that I am working on once in a while.

You know, I think I feel pretty good.  I know where I am going with each of them and I know if I will keep them or not.  

Its a long list, but it isn't unbearable. After 6 months, I think I feel pretty good, even if the WIP baskets are overflowing.



No comments: