Thursday 31 May 2012

Moving Along

The pink sweater is moving right along and the increases are working!  I would show you.  I had planned to show you, but I left the camera at home.  

I will say once again how much I like Berroco Remix.  I have been wondering which colour to use next.  I have no idea what I would need more for after 2 sweaters, one after another in this yarn, but I absolutely love the way it works up and love the way the fabric looks knit.    Sort of upper crust New England comfy casual, like the sort of things LL Bean sells.  It has 'the' look and I want more.

Till I worked in the yarn store, I was not acquainted with Berroco except for their advertising in magazines but they have the most remarkable range of yarn.  And the colours.  

No one touches the density and richness of their colours.  Stand in front of a wall of Ultra Alpaca colours and tell me you won't be moved by the sight before your eyes.

I could go on.  Heaven knows that after having missed a couple of weeks of the knitting groups, the ladies who were there last night can attest that I can talk nonstop for hours about yarn.  (Sorry about that.)  Generally, if you are reading this blog, you already know that.  And probably feel the same.

Tonight I am going to perform surgery on the brown Remix sweater.  I've settled on what I am going to do and I've sorted out an emergency next step in case my repair isn't going to work.  I'm keeping my toes crossed, because as Brenda of Brenda Knits says "Fingers crossed except you can't knit like that."

  

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

If I ownede Berrocco, I'd put you on commission. Upper crust, New England, comfy casual - that's really good ad speak.