Thursday 12 April 2012

Upwards and onwards.

There is a classic afterthought heel happening on the sock repair project and there has been a lot of knitting on the last stripey sock (the one with the green.  Another good session and I will be deep in heels and toes.  

But before I forget, I have to show you the little shawl.

Multnomah, made from River City Yarns Eden.  

Let me try that again, the colour isn't very true here.

There.  That one is better but maybe a little too orangey.  It is a true copper in real life.  

I'm not sure which look I like the best, because as nice as it is, it looks even better worn by the giftee.

If you need just a little something, but aren't in the mood for a lot of brain work, give Multnomah a try. This was my second and I can see doing another sometime. If you want a taste of splendor, try Eden at RYC.  

And so closes one more week.  You know what is looming?

The sweater.  The sweater which doesn't want to have the same gauge on body and sleeve.  I need to finish it and get it out of my hair.  How can such a nice yarn make me feel like this?

How many more socks will be knitted in the avoiding?

Oh well.  Upwards and onwards.  Off we go.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

pretty, pretty! I love a good copper tone - that and bronzey tones are my favourite (after green...)
And I agree Multnomah is a great pattern - easy, but beautiful.