Friday 16 March 2012

That was nice

Knitting on the Clapotis was really nice.  I'm not sure that it has quenched my itchy fingers, but it was nice.  OK, I know it has not calmed my itchy fingers.  

Never the less, it is what I am going to focus on finishing as my 'needs something beside the sweater' project.  Beside the several socks on the go, that is.    
 
I have some yarn coming soon.  Its another wee shipment from St Denis yarns.  I say wee because it really isn't very much.  Just a few skeins of Sport in  sheeps gray and some denim Durasport to go with the other skeins of denim and sheeps gray in the stash.  There was a little thing that happened as I passed the Boreale section of the website too.

I think the sheeps gray is a contributing factor in the yarn funk I have going.  I think I am in love with this yarn.  It is really the most interesting stuff.  It has a delicious warm natural heathered look to it.  I think I was born to be heathered.  There are depths and hidden secrets, corners of sheep and corners of gray, that will be revealed as I knit.  

I would have started but I have to wait to see what happens with dye lots.  Two different source means it will not be the same dye lot which is neither here nor there.  It is going to be a textured and I have no problem alternating balls so for this end use, I am not anticipating any problems.  It does mean I don't even want to start the project until the other arrives though.  

And so I wait.  It is some consolation to know something special is coming in the mail for me, but there is that wait.  Dear post office, much though I malign you in my everyday life, in my yarn life, I revere you.  You bring me good things.  Bring it faster please.

The yarn funk should be over soon.  





No comments: