Wednesday 7 March 2012

I did a bunch more ball winding today.  It was one of those kind of days.  I had a good time.

Then I finished a project, and though it turned out nice, I should have foll,owed my instincts and  knit 1 part of the lace in the white.  You will see what I mean when I get around to blocking it.

And then I knit socks and my pretty In the Forest Mittens.  I did not want to knit on the sweater.  None of it stuck.  I could not settle. 

It is the spring thing.  It always hits me at this time of year.  Its sunny and nice looking outside. But it is too cold to just hang out on the porch.  I guess that will come...



 i swatched a little when I couldn't settle on anything.  To the left is Custom Woolen Mills 2 ply in a warm heathered gray and the other is Noro Silver Thaw.  At first glance, the earthy homespun looking Custom Woolen Mills yarn isn't a good match for  Noro's lovely Silver Thaw.  In price they occupy the opposite ends of the scale but they are reasonably well matched in weight, the colours work, and the local to me yarn follows the same production ethic that the Noro yarns are created with.  They will be a warm and snuggly combination.

I am inspired by Undercurrent from last fall's Knitty.   A friend knitted it and it looks great!  I need to do a lot of changes.  I'll go with a shawl collar a la Cowichan shaping instead of a hood as well as the usual shaping for fit.  And pockets.  A sweater like this must have pockets.

I am in need of a comfortable, casual kicking around the yard kind of sweater to wear in place of that summer jacket I haven't had in years.  

No comments: