Wednesday 8 February 2012

Why get one blog post from a project when you can get two?

Haha, you caught me, Sandra!  Yes quite wrong of me not to note the pattern.  

Sivia Harding's Victorian Shoulderette.  This was one of the first knitting patterns I favourited when I got to Ravelry.  I have loved it that long.  I don't know why but those small collar type shawlettes, pelerines might be a better name, have always appelaed to me.  

There is a lovely example in Victorian Lace Today - The Harebell Fichu  and another, the Lace Fichu  I have no doubt that I am heavily influenced by the Battenburg lace collars that were very popular in the 80's .  If I dug deep I think I bought one once, but never wore it because it looked stiff and odd.  But a knitted fichu?  Oh yes.  Very very me. 

Oh my, another one is the Opera Fichu, also from Victorian Lace Today.  A lot of the small shawls so very popular today would have been called fichus in times past.  Annis is a very pretty example from Knitty.com or the Fabulous Filigree Scarf from the book One Skein Wonders. 

Sorry about that.  I could go on. Really I could.  There are so many and they are so stunning.

OK, Back to the Victorian Shoulderette.  

I never knew what yarn I would make it out of, but I always knew I would make it.  Ideally, the yarn should have been just a little heavier, double stranded would have been perfect with Trauco but I was a little concerned about yarn quantity.  Still I am pleased with it and look forward to wearing it a lot.

See, a whole other post about the same wee project.  ;)

1 comment:

Sandra said...

even prettier in use! I love them too (And have Victorian Lace Today...) but I look utterly stooopid when I wear them - I wish they suited me better, but lace collars and I go together as well as egg yolks and black socks. I still want to knit them, however.