Sunday 5 February 2012

Ahhh, that's better

There was knitting!  Lots and lots of lovely knitting.

And plenty of length on the sides to tie it with.
And not too long in the back
Ok, that was just to flash the way the gradients of colour worked.  Utterly unsophisticated, folksy perhaps, yet mathematically pleasing.  I love it.  I had really hoped to bind off in the cream, but there simply wasn't enough.  I would have been about 1/3 of the edge short.  It's OK with the charcoal and it is done.  

I was chilly while sewing in the few ends, so I tossed it on.  It has not been off me yet and may go to bed with me tonight.  This is one very cozy wrap.  

Which makes me wonder, why in heavens name did we stop wearing them?

Gratuitous 4th shot :p

3 comments:

Brendaknits said...

I. LOVE. IT.

Sandra said...

beautiful! I love the gradients, and how they worked. If this is Briggs and Little, I probably had some of the cream I could have sent you...

Anonymous said...

This is oh so lovely. GD