Monday 27 February 2012

After all

After last weeks busy knitting, this weekend was a little more laid back.  Not laid back really, but I didn't complete anything.

I had hoped too.



Sunday morning, I was down to 4 rows to bind off on the Lilia Hyrna shawl.  I made an error somewhere on the row, so I ripped it back and re-knit, and still had the error. Just before this row of patterning was a plain knit row and two plain purl rows, so the error, if it exists is somewhere about 5 rows below.  I set it down.  

Just didn't have the heart to go on right now.  Sometimes, when faced with the awful power of the number 2, or in my case the number 3, the best option is to set it down and think about it for a while.

I did think about taking apart the sweater that I need to finish for son2 but though I am ready for knitting on it again, I didn't have it in me to start the ripping back for it either.

I thought about knitting something new, but I slapped myself upside the head and told myself quite sternly that I really needed to finish something before I started another project, or that big WIP basket would be overflowing once again.

I could have knit on a sock, but ...I have no idea why I didn't do this.   I really have no idea.  Instead of knitting on a new sock, I choose to do a little of this.  

I knit some patches for some older socks that were way past darning.  There were 3 heels repaired in all.  In the same yarn.  I thought about doing a more matching repair, but if I ever want to use all my sock yarn bits for something more substantial, I'll need the bigger bits. I used a wee ball of something left over from one of Mr. Needles socks instead.  

It wasn't a weekend of massive knitting accomplishment but my fridge is clean and the kitchen is just a glance away from spit polish.  Two pairs of socks are back into service.  In the grand scheme of things, two pairs of socks, a clean kitchen and a clean fridge are nothing to sneeze at.  

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'd be happy with just the clean kitchen...

Brenda said...

Don't even mentin sneezing. I am into my second cold of the winter. Yuk! No cleaning and not much knitting here. Too busy blowing.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a productive weekend to me. GD