Sunday 4 December 2011

Sheepish

Oh yes there is knitting.

This amorphous gray blob is an entire bag of yarn.  It was zooming along today.  The ribbing that joins the 2 ends is begun and will be ripped.  Yessirree Bob, I spent an hour knitting the ribbing and then suddenly realized I was supposed to change colours.

So the ripping begins on 2 very longs rows, but thanks heaven it wasn't more. It was time for a break anyway.

This might not strike anybody but a knitter as funny, but Thursday evening as I was measuring and knitting, I decided that there was just no way 2 bags of yarn was going to be enough.  So I umm, ordered another bag.  I'm feeling just a little sheepish because I am only into bag 2 by 2 skeins.  

Which, now that I write it out, is a lot less than I calculated originally (before the sheepish bit).  I think I am going to measure it again.  
And again.  Just to be sure.  It said it needed to be 36 inches.  I am pretty sure that is what I have.  

Unless my measuring was way off, there ought to be enough yarn for a whole other sweater with the bag still to come, the left over gray, and the half bag of charcoal I expect to have left from the ribbing and sleeves of this sweater.  Yup right there I can see it.  Plenty for a second sweater.   

I can't tell if I am happy or sad about this.  Sure am feeling sheepish though.  Yup.  That is me.

3 comments:

Mrs. Spit said...

Ummm.

In a moment of insanity I bought 10 skeins of Cascade eco to knit the Glouster Coat. You know, cascade eco with about 500 yards to the skein?

I bought 5000 yards of wool, to knit one medium sized sweater.

I have 4 skeins left. I've already knit a scarf.

yeah.

Sandra said...

makes perfect sense to me. But hten so does ordering a whole whack of stuff from Knit Picks for "ideas". Yes, I did that, and it'd due on my doorstep today. I see no prpblem here...

Brendaknits said...

Entire bag as in 10 balls?