Wednesday 13 July 2011

I Sat in the Company of Knitters

The previous lethargy is gone.  I think I thawed!

I sat in the company of knitters and I knit on the Lillia Hyrna shawl and just enjoyed the company.  Its hard to imagine what my life was before I found these people to knit with.  

There is something so beguiling and inspiring about being there.  Everybody works on the things that interest them. Some on complicated mittens, some on fantastic light ethereal things,  some on sweaters, and the ever present socks.  Every week, someone among us is working on socks.  Some crochet, so using the term knitters is completely wrong, but beyond a doubt being there knitting among them is the most illuminating thing I have ever done.  

And then I went to lunch with one of my sisters in law, who I just don't get too see much anymore.  By the time I came home the afternoon was pretty much done and it was time to put on dinner.  
What I am trying to say is that I did not knit a stitch on the Shetland Shawl.  

But, today, I have the coffee on, the movies lined up, and the shawl is right at my side, needles loaded and waiting.  The long sweet goodbye is about to end.

Updated to note...done! The last grafted stitch was completed at 3 pm.

No comments: