Wednesday 27 April 2011

Falling in love all over again.

I've never forgotten the moment I connected to spinning.  I was looking for something new to learn and one of the River City ladies said ah, I have just the thing for you.  She showed me a spindle and how prepared wool fibre slips when you pull it.  

Magic.  I'm still convinced of it.  I've never forgotten that moment and I have aspired to be a better and better spinner ever since.  

Except that I have not really spun much.  At all.  

I've played and practised a little on some Shetland.  I spun up one entire 225 gram bag  of top and produced about 150 (only) metres of horribly overpsun, badly plyed fibre, most of which is really only good for sitting in a wee skein in a box of things that are markers of the days of my life. 

The best part of it was made into a small short scarf, a mere 3 inches wide and about 30 inches long.  It isn't notable in anyway except for how much it weighs.  

I've been spinning regularly with a friend the last few weeks and the magic is there.  Its kind of like falling in love all over again.  

I'm in the reddish section of the fibre.  Pretty yes?  I'm spinning a fairly fine single and it is turning out really nicely. I am pleased.  *see note below* .   

So much so, that I kept waking last night, to check the clock to see it it was morning so I could spin again.  I can't wait to see it plyed with its other half.  

**I'm not just pleased.  I am beyond pleased.  I am fair dancing pleased. I am overboard, beyond elated pleased. I am euphoric. I am enraptured.  I am Colin Firth feeling like dancing on winning the Oscar pleased. Way, way better than chocolate.     

2 comments:

Sandra said...

so tell me, are you pleased?
lovely stuff, by the way...

Brendaknits said...

Does you husband know of this love?