Tuesday 22 February 2011

Taking the edge off

Mr. Needles left early yesterday morning on a short trip to the land of golf.  Usually, I see this as a wonderful excuse to just knit and knit and knit.  PB and J for dinner!

And it is a wonderful excuse but for one small thing.  I am knitting on cotton, and with all the hours I knit Sunday and yesterday, my hands ache.    My hands ache.  And my wrists.  And a wee bit up my arm. The weather is probably contributing too, but there it is. 

I ended up having to redo a huge section of the blue cotton top I am working on.  I was dividing for waist and back shaping and realized I was 4 stitches short on one side.  The problem went back to an armhole increase and it was stitches I needed. So, rip.  It seems there were a lot of us doing this the last few days.  I managed to get right back to where I started the day, which in this instance is a complete victory.

I also finished the missing heel on that sock and worked a lot on my February socks.  I'll be working on those in order to finish them before the end of the month.  Funny how February just got lost along the way as far as the socks were concerned.  

It is these socks that I will probably knit today.  With luck to finish, or at least get in the ball park, but there will be sock knitting. OK, finishing would be too much.  

I'll do just enough to get my hands loose and easy again.  Just enough to keep my hands from feeling lost and alone without yarn in them.   Just enough to take the edge off.  


1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

Must be the weather. We area all trapped in a re-knitting space.