Wednesday 9 February 2011

Purple-ness.

I ended up knitting on the purple shawl.  The Shetland will wait for Thursday. I did it because I think I found a way to finish it up without knitting endless rows of the same design and I found a way to keep the simple edge I planned for.  



The lace design, with its triangles and its switching between lace and solid, is perfect for simply switching out to all lace.  

So that is what I am going to do.  I will knit this little variation on bud lace for about the same length as the original designs 3 repeats and call it good.  The bud lace is fast knitting.  I really do hope to be done by Friday a.m.  


It was a good plan for a full day.  I think I do better and get more done when I lay out a specific plan of things to accomplish.  There is something about lists and being able to stroke off the tasks as they are done. ( I might need to adopt this for all my knitting too) Most of the housecleaning is done, though the 2 rows of knitting did not work at all. Three or four rows of knitting and a cup of tea fits together just right.

A little knitting happened on a much ignored green sweater/vest that was taking up space on the dining room table too.  It was nice to do a little of it, with its seed stitch and ribbing.  I haven't worked on that since early in January.  If all I did was work on it while waiting for stuff in the kitchen, it won't be long before that one is done too.

After what feels like a very long time between big finishes, I can see     the end of three different large projects, Shetland, Purple and green.  

I can see the end, but for 2 of these projects, it is the long view.  Might be long, but it is in view.  I'm good with that.

No comments: