Tuesday 12 October 2010

Mr. Stripey

I am busy playing with stripes these days.  You will remember this from last week.

  It is more or less done.  Which means I have a finished photo of the cute thing with my usual skillful finishing (?).  Skillful finishers anyone?  All of the ends, bits and pieces remain to be worked in but there is no rush, because before it can be given to little Alex, I have to finish this.

I have 4 balls of the rich turquoise and 7 balls with an 8th available if needed, of the not quite white cream.  Because I couldn't do my usual progression of striping slowly changing over to to other colour, I am inventing a new progression.  Knit 1 ball blue till it was gone, then an increasing number of ridges of white through the body of the blankie always divided by one simple stripe of the blue, until I reach the width I want.  

Then, the plan is for even wide stripes of white through the centre,  finishing it all off with the same striping sequence, and ending with another blue corner.  The shape of the blanket is your basic cast-on-one ball band dishcloth, worked to be a rectangle, rather than a square.  

I am hoping at the end of the blanket, to have enough blue yarn left to do a wee hat and maybe some baby socks too.  Here is hoping...

Stripes, stripes, stripes, stripes, STRIPES!

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

The Kimono Sweater is really cute. Is that EZ's pattern?