Monday 27 September 2010

I think they read the note.  It was all smiles at the wedding and grandma smiled the biggest of all!  I am pleased. They understand the project. I didn't even make the 10 p.m. dinner though.  Friday was just too long a day.

I wish I could say that I knit a lot this weekend.  I did  knit but not a lot. I was dreaming farm dreams.

Mr. Needles and I took the farm "tractor" over to our farm and took a tour.  The crop that was on it has been swathed but not combined but we drove between the rows so as not to disturb anything  and took a grand tour.  

We discussed where to put the garden, and where we will eventually put the yard.  We checked out the quality of the land, and the best sites for building.  Sadly, the best places are far from the road, and mean a really long drive.  More to think about on that.  No rush.  On our return home, I dreamed of floorplans and buildings and green homes and sensible heating for a cold climate.  Whatever we do, we hope to do it nice but not pricey so that we can also build a nice but not pricey cabin at our island paradise.  

But I shall dream. " Just because you are able to justify your current goals, though, doesn't make them sensible.....you aren't a good judge of practicality today   "
My horoscope is backing that up. Maybe I should stick to the practical and do some laundry.  

2 comments:

Sandra said...

your farm dreams sound idyllic. Keep us up to date with plans!

Anonymous said...

Ah but dreaming is half the fun isn't it? GD