Monday 26 July 2010

Simultaneous


I have been working my way through sleeve shapings from Knitting from the top down.  

The red seamless set in sleeve turned out fairly well. It was a bit fussy to work up the pickups neatly (hahaha.  I originally typed pickyups) .  

 A red raglan sleeve turned out really well, though in the time since, like all cotton, it has grown quite a bit.  It needs redoing.  

And just lately, I am working on a simultaneous set in sleeve. 
 
Wow.  Just wow.

No muss.  No fuss.  Easy to execute, easy to adjust for a custom fit. No pesky sewing of the sleeves required.   All that is needed is a wee little bit of letting go of your expectations.  

I am glad to have worked through all of them. I have learned so much.  It has been a lot of fun along the way, but this one, with its very tidy from the first minute look, with its crisp clean line, is beyond a doubt, my favourite.  I can see this one becoming my way of doing set in sleeves.  

I just need to add more length and do a button band and weave in a few ends.   

Without a doubt, that is the fun of doing a sweater from the top down.  By the time you get to this stage, no mater how tired you are of the project, there is so little to do, that finishing is easy peasy.  

The bad part is by the time you get here, short sweaters are easy to talk yourself into.

No comments: