Monday 5 July 2010

I Wasn't Going to Post

I was planning to leave you with the strange bird post for today, but I am compelled by sheer circumstance to give you a heads up.  Of course it isn't going to help you if you have to work today...

Flipping through TV channels while sipping my coffee and avoiding news broadcasts this morning, I saw that Turner Classics channel is showing The Letter this morning at 7 a.m. mountain time (daylight savings version) 

The Letter is a 1940 movie based on a 1929 Somerset Maugham play.  Bette Davis stars as the wife of a plantation owner who is charged with the murder of her lover.  This film contains one of the finest depictions of hand work in film.  Ms. Davis, you see, crocheted and knit, and was willing to use her everything to make a movie character believable.

A quick search of the Internet came up with these photos on a really nice blog post:
Famous people knitting

The film, might be a little film noir-ish for so early in the morning, but it is a great film to knit to and some really fine work by an amazing actress.  One of her not to be missed performances.

You could call this morning Knitting with Bette.  

This afternoon I'll be taking a class in Double Knitting with the amazing Ms. LizChristine, a young woman I am fortunate to work with who just completed a winter long project.  Mittens for her entire choir.  Not just mittens, mind but double knit mittens.  That would be 28 pairs, 56 separate mittens as finished projects, but with double knitted, completely reversible mittens, stitches to complete 124 separate mittens.   

You could call that knitting with Liz Christine.

A busy but rewarding day.  (Considering doing some laundry too.  Some days I scare me.)

No comments: