Friday 2 July 2010

Friday?

I woke this morning and realized that logic told me it was Friday, but  it felt like a weekend.  My first thought was who put a day in the middle of the weekend?  Silly I know, but it was my first thought.  

The shawl knitting and knitting the Satsuma monkey socks is going along like a house on fire.  Rather, I am knitting like a house on fire but they look the same. I need them done ASAP, so the knitting is going to continue even when I don't feel like knitting on them.  

But there are times when I just cannot deal with patternwork.  This is what I have been doing for those times.  

This is Punta Yarns Merisock.  It has a very different feel to other sock yarns I have worked with and I am not sure why, but it is interesting and feels warm.  I hope the darker colour spiral keeps going all the way up.  

Today is going to be a good day.  I can feel it in my bones.  Even so the plain knitting is accompanying me today. No point in pushing my luck.

No comments: