Monday 7 June 2010

A little view of the lace collection

I have tried to explain my lace thing.  To myself that is.  There is no way I could possibly explain it to others.  

In an effort to teach myself that I do have enough, and that it will take decades to knit this stuff up, I am going to have a lace parade. Over the next few days, I'll try to display it for you and for me, in colour families.  

There are significant things left out.  I won't show you any of the multi coloured yarns but for those that are heavily influenced to one colour range or other.  Or were on top.  I left out the purples entirely.  Golds too are not represented.  I'll do that next week. And my most recent aquisitions are not even here yet.

The other thing is, this is only a representative sampling, not quantity.  Quantity is something I have to face on my own. Most of the small skein yarns have been purchased in multiples.  I usually purchase between 1200 and 1600 metres of a particular yarn. Lace, even this much, doesn't take up much space, so it is easy to store.   That way, when I am knitting them down the road, I can do a large shawl or a small scarf, and not run out.  Lace, even this much, doesn't take up much space.   

Yes I really do worry about running out of this stuff. If you hear mad cackling when I say this, it's OK.  It's just me.  Bwhahahahahaha

So to begin. The soft and sublte creams and almost whites.

From Left to right:  
bottom:  Punta Mericash Solid, Knitpicks Bare Merino Lace, Yarns 2 Dye 4 Merino Lace, Kid Silk Haze

Top:  Zephyr Wool and Silk, a gifted thing of loveliness, Elann Baby Merino Lace, Rowan Kid Silk Haze, Fleece Artist Sea Silk, Zephyr 100% Wool Lace 

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

That is a gorgeous colourway. I see a lovely shawl there.