Wednesday 30 June 2010

Continuing apace


The Onerva shawl continues.  Since the last time I showed photos, there has been a whole lot of knitting.  But not on that particular piece. No, I started it all over again.   

I sat one afternoon to work on it, but could not seem to find my way to the right part of the pattern.  And none of the little patterns wanted to line up.  I knit and reknit one row, 5 times.  I was getting a little frustrated but as I struggled, I began to understand the pattern. Not just understand it, but to know it.  I'm not sure if that makes any sense, but I got to the point where I knew when it was right and knew when it was wrong without even looking at it.  

And that is when I restarted.  And I have not had to look at the pattern much at all.  The only thing I had to watch for was when to start the next design in the centre section.  

One big oops, one small oops, but only the truly eagle eyed would ever see them.  Mostly, all that will ever be seen is the lovely delicate rhythmic rows of dainty lace.


And so, the shawl continues apace, immersed in rhythm and quiet knitting.   

No comments: