Tuesday 19 January 2010

Miles of Same

I ended up not going to town yesterday. Why waste the gas when I go in today to knit with friends today and run errands. And I have a couple hours to spare in the morning. These are supposed to be my spinning hours, but...we'll talk about that later.

Staying home meant I got tons done on the red sweater. Guess what? It fits. Just like I hoped. No loosey goosey, but fitted just a little, hanging just right. I should be done the body, but I had to fix an error.

Way back when I did the Summer Chevron, I found that thinking of the stitches from the underarm as a side panel works great for placement of the increases I need to smoothly accommodate my hips. If I do the shaping there it stays almost hidden and doesn't change the drape or flow of the lines of the sweater. To keep it looking right,increases need to be placed in the same manner on both sides of the panel. I wasn't, thus the fix.

Still I got tons done. But now I am at the point where I don't have to increase, I just need to knit, and you know what? There is a LOT of stockinette to be knit. I am just the teensiest bit bored by it. I shall soldier on. I can't wait to see how the end product will look.

I knit on the Topsy Turvy mobius too, but it didn't help. It is exactly the same number of stitches, alternating the pattern every 8 rows. Interesting, but still same-same.

So here I sit in the very merry middle and it is a little bit of a relief to think of knitting a little something else. I still have not decided. The yarn I choose will tell me what it wants to be.

No comments: