Thursday 14 January 2010

And so we Wait

Haiti is having a terrible, terrible time right now. No matter what sort of political feelings you have about international aid and helping countries with such a difficult record of government (check out some of the comments on Achenblog. Hard to believe but...) but no one can disagree with the simple fact of the disaster.

I believe we have a responsibility to help our friends when bad things happen. I believe we have a responsibility to help our neighbours when bad things happen. I believe we have a responsibility to give assistance to those who are less than our friends when bad things happen.

I beg of you give and give often.

I always wonder about these days as the response begins. 3 days. It is 3 days till real relief gets there. They can get teams there a little sooner, but the real bulk of the relief takes 3 days to mobilize.
Today is the third day.

And so we wait. And pray.

No comments: