Monday 3 August 2009

Special things

One of the classes I took last week with Holly Yeoh, was in beading and lace. Nice class, but it left me with an unfinished project. With all the other stuff I knit, in the last week or two, there it sat, looking at me.

Because this one was so delicate, the jelly coloured Kid Silk Haze with its gold, copper and graphite beads, it stayed on the top of the pile in a wee little box, needles peeking out, and a delicate froth of green foaming up and over the sides.

The sweet little scarf asked nicely to be knit every single day. Then it sat quietly, very lady like and waited. This morning when it said knit me please, I did.

There is something very special about knitting with something so dainty as Kid Silk Haze. When you pick up needles and work with it, you can't help but see visions of fine china and softly coloured chintz and tea in the afternoons surrounded by lilacs and apple blossoms.

I really ought to be sitting here knitting in something a lot dressier than my bathrobe.

No comments: