Thursday 27 August 2009

Gansey Class

Class proposal accepted!

I have to take care of the pictures coming soon part of it. Proper samples are about to be knit up.

I'm thrilled it was accepted, and nervous and tickled...and concerned. They are about to charge people money to watch me knit.

Will people find all the cool things about ganseys as interesting as I do? Will they be interested in the intense and necessary practicality of these garments? Will they be interested in the updated, slightly less tightly knit modern version of this traditional sweater shape?
I hope so, but I worry. Not enough to stop me though and a little worry, a slight tension, a little living on the edge is probably good for me.

I'm knitting samples today. The sample garment has to be reknit from my prototype gansey sample and I want to have samples to show off some of the many choice knitters have for welts, shoulder joins, collars etc. So much knitting, so little time. I also have some classroom notes to write, some references to refer to, some details to research and clarify in my own mind so I can answer questions with confidence.

Oh dear. Paperwork. I thought I was done paperwork. All of sudden the knitting looks a whole lot easier.

3 comments:

Knitting Alchemist said...

Congratulations! When can we sign up?

Sigrun said...

I wish I had time. Drool, drool, would love to learn from you, and see all your samples.

Anonymous said...

Contrats! What an incredible opportunity. You'll be great! GD