Friday 19 June 2009

Sitting here

I'm having a quiet coffee this morning, sitting in my jammies waiting for some guys to deliver doors we ordered in April to arrive.

... I'm in my jammies. Oh dear...

There that is better. It wouldn't be a good thing to still be in my jammies when the delivery people arrive with my doors. It isn't that my jammies are indecent, but rather the state of my jammies is, well... Around here, jammies tend to be comfortable. An old cotton sundress that is just too comfortable to toss out, a couple t shirts that saw better days years and years ago, some comfy old gym pants.

I don't know about anyone else, but my wardrobe has these days when all of a sudden there isn't room for things in my drawers and closet and its time to go through the stuff that that is only good enough for the next time I have to paint. Right now, without even thinking about it, I know have at least 6 pairs of comfy stretchy pants and double that of t shirts that I am embarrassed to wear even when I am alone. But they might just be good enough to wear when I paint right? Does one woman really need this many sets of painting clothes? Time to toss and sort and make space. New things might fit!

Before I work anymore on the lever knitting, I am going to have to find my wrist brace. I am so close to really getting this way of knitting, but I'm going to need a little assist to learn to hold my hand properly so I don't give myself carpal tunnel type pain. I need to learn to hold my hand at a better angle, and to stop the lobster claw thing.

So onward to sewing. I need another good skirt for work. Just a little wrap thing I think, to go with a tan and black plaid blouse I have had in the works for a while. Maybe some knitting on my Shoal water shawl this afternoon. Then again, might start the KAL shawl...A whole day with nothing urgent...just waiting for doors.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I think I got my jammies in the same shop as you!!

Sigrun said...

My problem is food stains. Either from cooking or careless eating aka eating while talking. It seems when I wear an old thing, no new stains come on it. When I wear something new, BINGO--an indelible stain. We call clothes that can't be seen in public "chore clothes" since we are on the farm, we do chores a lot. But the chore clothes grow like wire clothes hangers--they never wear out. You can't give them away, because even less fortunate people deserve decent clothes, and I hope I never have as much cleaning to do as my potential cleaning rags. I'm still curious about lever knitting.