Wednesday 17 June 2009

How is the lever knitting going?

Its been a little more than a week now since I took the lever knitting program at Stitches Saskatchewan. I've been working on this style of knitting very ardently.

Well, ardently when other things didn't get in the way. Like a sore arm from driving the van. Driving it along bumpy highways - do we have any other kind - kept me tense and though one arm is feeling OK again, the knitting arm is less than happy. I knit a day and take a day off. So I'm working on lever knitting ardently - ish.

But I do have progress.

It's not very big is it? sigh.

Maybe it will look bigger if I do this.

Or this.

No? Well dangit all.

The knitting is moving along, and I am starting to get a feel for it and a bit of a rhythm. I still look like the big claw of a lobster, and there is no way that what I am doing is showing anything of the simplicity and economy of motion that Stephanie has. People sitting beside me are in mortal danger of getting their eye taken out by an errant needle end (the one with the stitches) but there is some small knitting happening. That is enough for now.

There are a few little things I have discovered about lever knitting even with these few hours under my belt. For instance, if your needles end looks like this

you really, really want to be wearing something with sleeves before you think about tucking that puppy under your arm.

1 comment:

Sigrun said...

Ok, so you're going to make this a surprise series about how lever knitting goes? First instalment today: hold one needle under the arm. :-D