Tuesday 19 May 2009

Come Monday Morning...

Oh right, it's Tuesday.

We were off in the wilds this weekend up at the lovely mountain lake we like to visit. We've never been up on the first weekend it was open before, and though the camping was fine, the lake was most definitely frozen over. The wind was cold and miserable and we became the sort of campers who built an complete house out of tarps. It looked ridiculous but the fire kept us reasonably warm. We left a day early because the forecast looked bad, and the clouds over the lake said something awful was on the way. I'd think we were becoming camping weenies, but for the weather that came next.


Click on a highway cam near Hinton, the one just west of town is best. It sort of says everything about the amount of white stuff that fell on Monday. It also explains why Canadian knitters have a deep and abiding love for wool.

With the dry weather Saturday and Sunday and the campfire keeping the chill away, much knitting was done. It was a weekend of socks.

The gray pair had been substantially done for some time, but the ends needed weaving in. Done.

The Stained Skeins pair, second in line, had one sock done, and the second socks foot half complete. Now done. A neat sort of non ball to knit from. Nice yarn.

The short copper and teal 'Aline' Socks That Rock Pair, third in line, was knit just after Christmas, and only needed heels put into them. Done.

And last, the lovely farmer sock pair from Lifestyles and Merino 2000 was also one sock more or less done, and the second on the toe. Both socks are now complete and if I may be so bold as to say, I love Merino 2000. Must knit more with it.

There was other knitting too. I had all these empty sock needles and, well, we just can't have that now could we? I had sock yarn, too, so it only made sense. The dark blue is DBG Confetti Superwash and will be for Mr. Needles who could really use another couple pairs of socks and the smooshable variegated red is for me, out of Footloose from Diamond yarns.I put an alternating knit 2 tog, yo on the front just for a little variety, but I may yet change my mind about that. I'd like to try a pattern, and everyone says the Monkey Socks are a must. Maybe, but we'll see.

There was other knitting, interesting knitting, but my time is up (I know, hard to believe there is a time limit) and will save that another day.