Thursday 8 January 2009

whooops

I seem to have forgotten the blog this morning. But I have a good excuse.

I went into my study this morning, and started working on the blue scarf again, and well, I put on a movie, and knit, had a coffee, had a little snooze and another cup of coffee and knit and knit and , well here I am, way late, but the scarf is done.

In the rest of the world, I am pretty sure this would not sound like a good excuse, but here, where it is mostly knitters and string thing people, it sounds reasonable. Well at least to me.

I'm just about to make another pot of coffee and cast on the Jitterbug for the last in the series of scarves.

It comes to mind that I forgot to mention one of the differences I am making in the original pattern on these little Fan Neckwarmers. The original is a fairly large fanned out end, and is quite dramatic. Mine are much less so, but these are meant to fit under the collar, or just at the collar of your basic parka with just enough fan to keep the ends tucked nicely close at the neck. To have too much scarf end tucked under your coat adds to the general discomfort of being swaddled up like Ralphie's brother. Trust me (and everybody's grandmother), to keep warm, you really do have to tuck those ends under.

When this scarf is done, I will be working on black socks. The gloom and doom from these darn things is going to leave me in short order. And when the gloom is gone, I get to play with colour work.

1 comment:

Knitting Alchemist said...

Love the Ralphie reference!