Monday 22 December 2008

Moving along

to more hats!

I've got dad's hat off the needles and the first of his mittens is on. I was hoping to be almost done mitt one, but life got in the way, and I only cast on this morning. It is going to be tight since most of the prep work has to be done for our Chirstmas Eve dinner tomorrow on my day off, and we have company coming too. It is entirely possible that I wll be doing mitten knitting while driving to Saskatoon.

On other more interesting news, I have been drilling the minds of those around me trying to wiggle out what they are getting me for Christmas. I haven't had much luck so far, but I have managed to dig out a few clues. It doesn't sound like yarn, but it might be something I can watch while using yarn. It was confirmed to me by my sources inside the purchasing duo that it is most defintely not a copy of 'Band of Brothers'. sigh. It is also not Ken Burns 'Civil War' which I would buy just to listen to David McCullough's marvelous voice. Bigger sigh.

As was pointed out to me, its only 4 days. But I already knew that. I'm not done knitting.

No comments: