Monday 21 April 2008

This is winters last gasp right?

Even the poor little deer made of logs looks weary of winter. Forecasters are expecting the stormy conditions to keep up for a while yet.

I know I said I was going to practise diligence, but there is only so much diligence I could take.

I diligently worked on the Picovoli cardigan, and it fits! I'm starting the increases in the back sooner in than the pattern says but the giftee is really quite tiny, and to keep the look slim and close fitting, the earlier decreases are needed. I might delay the front decreases a few rows more, to make sure that they start below her natural bust line.

I worked diligently on socks, and both pairs are coming along just swimmingly.

I diligently worked the same 2 rows on my secret project all of yesterday and this morning I am ripping it back. Again. I have redone this row at least a dozen times, and have made a different error each time. Its a simple pattern and really if I could just count...

(I'd have been driven to drink if it were not that all we had was wine and I needed something significantly stiffer than that. I'd have had it too but for the snow and said wine. But I digress.)

I was pondering while I was so diligently ripping,why couldn't that facial recongnition software they use on CSI, be adapted for knitting? We'd call it stitch recognition software. We could mount a small portable drive attached to a little camera on a headband of some sort, and let it monitor rows as they are knitted. It could bleep out a little alarm if a mistake is made.

I know that most of you have this already. The camera is your eyes, and the computer and software is your brains, but seriously, yesterday proved to me that my internal stitch recognition software is performing waaaaay below par.

I wonder if I can buy replacement software at Dell? HP? Microsoft? Dollar store?


One =

Two =

Three =

Sigh.

Update: They are all blinking at the same time. Its a little mesmerising.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

saw your snow whilst we were basking in the sun with shorts on.
Sorry.

Knitting Alchemist said...

I think that's a fine idea! My internal stitch recognition software, and my processor in general work below par most days. We could also have a chip in our needles that we could download the pattern onto that would also beep when we err. Hmmmm...