Monday 10 March 2008

The Shawl is done, The Shawl is done.

I feel a little like I'm riding a fast horse down a country road of times long ago, shouting about something coming just down the road, like the fellow who road down the road shouting the British are coming the British are coming. It could be a good thing or a not so good thing depending which side you are on.

The shawl is complete, though it needs blocking. It felt so good when I put that last stitch in and stitched the little lace edging together. Its not perfect, but its mine and in tests performed by both my sister and I, it is just right. A shawl, not too large that it swamps your wrists, but large enough that it can be pinned firmly at the front or tucked into a waistband to hold it. Warming without getting in the way. This is the good of the shawl being done. Photos as soon as blocking is done.

The other side of it is now what? This is the not so good. I had to actually decide which as anyone who knows my sisters and I, is not our strong suit.

All winter I have been thinking about working with the Rowan Bamboo Tape. This will be for something special for my daughter in law.
After dithering over several things, I have decided to consult her. To me, the very best things about this yarn will be shown off in a simple knit project, rather than something too lacy. Its best, it absolutely very finest quality is the way it feels and stockinette sends that feature to the fore.

In my mind, the Mirabella cardigan in the newest Interweave Knits is in the running. So is Picovoli . So is Soleil . And there are a few I am still looking at via Ravelry.

So the time is now that I get to work with this scrumptious yarn, but someone is going to have to choose. Thank heavens it doesn't have to be me. Now I just hope she likes the very hint of blue in it.


No comments: