Thursday 10 January 2008

On a Thursday morning

On a Thursday morning one can be swamped at work, and so one will have to do work. Will post later.

Updated: Well, that was done at about 8 this morning, and this is indeed later. 5:15 p.m. local time. Muuuuuuuuuuuch later.

After thinking about it yesterday watching the gauge change and disintegrate into several different ranges as I worked with my new Addi Turbos on my shawl, I decided to rip it.

The yarn was lovely and soft but it just seemed too tight, and I don't want a wall of fabric when it is complete, I want a nice flowing cuddly shawl. I ripped out the entire thing, and began again with 4 mm Addi Turbo lace circulars. Its working up much faster, and the fabric just feels right. I will remember this feeling.

This is how it looked on 3mm needles(It does look like a thong)

And this is how it looks on the 4 mm needles now.

Note how it has much more drape....

Pictures just don't show it. You'll just have to trust me.

No comments: