Monday, 14 September 2026

Everything

I worked a little bit on everything this weekend.  

I have 2 sleeves well underway.



They are about half completed.  I know this because my plan is to knit to the green and that is only a purple section away on both sleeves.  It looks like little progress from Friday but it is a lot.  Half done.  I keep telling myself that.  Maybe it will keep my MOJO strong.

On Sunday, I went in another direction.  I made a decision on something I was waffling on.

I loved knitting the rib on my nascent Sock Monkey sweater.  The more I knit, the more I became concerned about wearing the rib over time.  I don't want to knit a sweater only for it to grow to oversized.  I want a sweater to remain fresh looking.  Not crisp but not sloppy either.  I want it to make me say 'I did this' when I put it on in the morning.  I want it to feel good.

This



Has become this.



The same idea but no full body ribbing.  I have taken the time to add a couple more stitches to the edges before I did the increases.  I love how that wider edge looks on the back of a sweater with a European shoulder.  Otherwise its going to be a nice basic sweater with a good strong 2 x 2 ribbed edge in the red and cream.  

I guess that really isn't everything.  I did feel like working on my bright yellow Hiraeth sweater.  I didn't get there because I plain ran out of days.  That's going to be my main work once this Kauni miracle is completed.  One master work at a time.

This morning it is back to the chair pad box even if the morning is rapidly ticking away.  Time for tea.  Time to get to work.








No comments:

Post a Comment