But I did keep working on the dolly project.
Just a nice plain raglan sleeve sweater knit without a pattern. I used a nice stretchy (really stretchy) slip knot cast on so the neckline would fit over all the dollies heads and it is a little loose on this dolly but Cassie has one just a bit bigger.
As you can see, the pants also turned out nicely. Again, they are a bit loose around the waist, but the magic of all the elastic means its will fit every doll at Cassie's house.
All the doll clothes patterns I am using come from a book that has lived on my bookshelf for a long time, The Dolls' Dressmaker by Venus Dodge. The last print date in my book is 1999. I doubt I got it that long ago, but probably very early in the 2000's. Sadly, the early 2000's is getting to be a long time ago. Sigh.
It even has knitting and crochet patterns, though I don't need these at all.
I'm glad the day is done, though. It took far longer than I thought it should have to knit the little thing. It's would fit a very tiny baby, though and I guess getting it in a day is just fine. The sewing happened after dinner which was a learning experience. I cannot see well enough in this light to thread the needle. It was a challenge. It shouldn't surprise me, but it does.
Anyway, more sewing for tomorrow. I was a little worried, but now that the pants are done, and I know how the basic pattern fits, I can move a little more confidently. And at the end of the day, that lovely sock knitting to look forward to.
Just a quick peek to keep our spirits up.